6 Stage 400GPD Expert RO/DI System Features:
- Integrated High Flow Booster Pump
- Easy to use and store
- Dual, full-sized DI resin stages for 0ppm TDS water
- Colour coded ¼” tubing for simple identification
- Common under-sink tap adaptor included for hassle-free installation
- Pre-installed NSF certified filters
- Dual carbon stages for superior chlorine & chloramine removal
- 2 x 200 GPD Thin Film Composite (TFC) Membrane
- Dual deionisation stages for unmatched water purity
- Pressure Gauge
- Dual Inline TDS Monitor
- Automation-Ready (See below for further details)
Reef Pure RO Systems have designed all of our RO/DI units with Australian reef aquariums in mind. However, the water that they produce is perfect for all other types of saltwater and freshwater aquariums.
- 2 Meters RO Tube in Yellow (Production Water), Red (Waste Water) & White (Source Water)
- 1/2″ BSP to 1/4 RO Tube Undersink Connector (measures approx. 19mm)
- Drain Clamp (For Wastewater Line)
- Housing Wrench
- All Prefilters, RO Membrane & DI Resin
6 STAGES OF FILTRATION
STAGE 1 – 5 Micron Sediment Filter
Sediment filters remove sediment and debris that if allowed to pass through would clog carbon block filters and damage RO membranes. These filters have true step filtration integrated into their design. With 4 separate layers of micron filtration, the outside-in flow allows the outer layer to trap the larger micron particles with a much lower pressure drop.
Step-by-step, trapping the larger particles layer-by-layer, allows these filters a much higher dirt holding capacity than standard spun polypropylene and string wound cartridges.
Stage 2 – 5 Micron Granular Activated Carbon
Granular activated carbon cartridges are highly effective at removing high levels of chlorine and chloramines. They are also highly effective at removing volatile organic compounds such as benzene, trichloroethylene and other petroleum-based contaminants.
Stage 3 – 5 Micron Carbon Block
Carbon blocks are manufactured with high purity coconut shell activated carbon. With high performance, great dirt-holding capacity and the absence of carbon fines, they are perfect for use in reef aquarium RO/DI units, where high chlorine removal is needed.
Stage 4 – 2 x PurePro 200 GPD Thin Film Composite (TFC) Membranes
Pure-Pro reverse osmosis membrane elements are one of the industry’s most reliable. Advanced membrane technology and automated fabrication allow these elements to deliver consistent performance that you can rely on. A high quality, thin film composite (TFC) membrane that processes 200 gallons (each) per day. Just some of the water contaminants that these membranes will remove are lead, copper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, and selenium.
PurePro membranes are rated at 50psi and will purify about 20% more water than competitive elements rated at 60psi.
Stage 5 & 6 – Reef Grade Mixed Bed Colour-Changing Deionization Resin
A mixed bed deionization resin is the final, polishing stage of the RO/DI system. It will remove any contaminants that may have passed through your sediment/carbon filters and RO membrane. This stage will achieve the 0 TDS RO water you need for a successful reef aquarium.
The DI resin supplied by Reef Pure RO Systems is a mixed bed (both cation and anion) with colour changing indicator to let you know when it has become exhausted. The resin starts as a dark blue colour that will turn gold as it becomes exhausted. This gives you a very visual indicator, making sure you know when it is time for it to be replaced.
6 Stage 400GPD Expert RO/DI System Recommended Conditions:
- Minimum Water Pressure – 50psi
- Max Water Pressure – 100psi
- Max Water Operating Temperature – 45°C
- Recommended Max TDS – <300ppm
This system includes a high flow booster pump which will ensure that the optimal water pressures are supplied to the system.
Please Note: This RO/DI system is automation-ready. Featuring a high-pressure switch and solenoid valve. Simply add an auto shut off option such as the AutoAqua Smart ATO RO – Auto Top Off For RO System or Autoaqua Smart ASOV – Electronic Auto Shut Off Valve. We DO NOT recommend the use of a float valve for automation purposes as the excessive on/off cycles and flow reduction when approaching full will cause excessive wear on the electronic components, potentially shortening the life of, or damaging the system.
To compare each one of our system models, please click here to visit our ‘System Comparison’ page.
WARNING – THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS A BUTTON BATTERY – KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Swallowing may lead to serious or fatal injury in as little as 2 hours, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the esophagus.
- Never allow children to replace button batteries of any device.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for fast, expert advice.
- Regularly examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if the battery compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely out of the reach of children. A battery can still be dangerous even when it can no longer operate the device.
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.